Wednesday, April 23, 2008

How to make a chicken sammich

Look up "bargain shopper" in the dictionary and you're likely to see a picture of my beloved mother. She can find more deals on more stuff than any person on this planet ... and that ain't an exaggeration.

A few weeks back, ma mere gave me a big-ass bag of Pilgrim's Pride boneless, skinless chicken breasts (don't ask me where she got 'em). Even though the bag was big and heavy, the chicken breasts themselves were thin and spindly. "Maybe for sammiches" I said to myself as I was shovin' the bag of PP chicken into my freezer.

I didn't have no plans for dinner when I left for work this morning. I had even fewer plans for dinner when I arrived home this evening. 'Bout 20 minutes after I arrived home ce soir, I lit my (natural) gas grill. I then started thawing some PP chicken breasts in my microwave. When they were "done," I coated 'em with a little kosher salt and a lot of black pepper.

I cooked my very-thin chicken breasts for about 6 minutes at 350 degrees. They came off the grill and were placed on a bun. I added slices of tomato and and a big gob of Duke's mayo, and this was what I came up with:


Not bad, huh?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have asked you this once before. Do you cook all of this for a Mrs. Django?

Anonymous said...

What is that on the plate with the sandwich?

Joltin' Django said...

"I have asked you this once before. Do you cook all of this for a Mrs. Django?"

Send me an e-mail, Ms. Kimberly, and we'll talk about it ...