Thursday, April 03, 2008

Bein' British means ever having to eat the same thing


I'm clever enough - and I'm a good enough cook - to make this statement:

Never shall I go an entire year in which I eat the same six meals ... over and over again.

That said, is there any wonder why I feel so sorry for folks who live in the U.K.:

"Most British families live off just six recipes - prepared week in, week out.

"A traditional roast chicken is the favourite - served up frequently in 30 per cent of homes.

"The next popular meals are spaghetti bolognese (27 per cent) and stir fry (12 per cent). Then came sausage and mash at 12 per cent, followed by curries (10 per cent) and pork chops (7 per cent)."

I like roast chicken, and I like spaghetti. I like stir-fryed meat and vegetables, and I like sausages and mashed potatoes. I like meat and veggies full o' curry, and I like pork chops. I like these things, indeed; however, I can't imagine that I'd enjoy eating 'em all week-in and week-out ...

'Cept for maybe pork chops!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CURRY IS THE WORST SPICE EVERY KNOWN TO MAN. I WOULD RATHER MY FOOD TO BE SEASONED WITH PACKAGED KOOLAID THAN CURRY.