Tuesday, April 08, 2008

'Tis not a hot dog

Since I was draggin' my ass when I came home from work 'bout 5:30 today, I decided to quick-thaw -- in the microwave (gasp!) -- a package of Johnsonville Pre-Cooked Smoked Brats I had in my freezer. I then grilled 'em and put 'em on a bun ...


Pre-cooked Johnsonville brats are okay, but they are a bit dry for my taste. Not that they were bad, but the whole time I was eating 'em I kept saying, "These things need somethin'!" (And when I say "need something," I mean something more than the mustard, chopped onions, and peppers that I put on top o' my brats ce soir.)

When I have a hankerin' for a grilled brat, I want it to be spittin' juice when it comes off the grill. Believe me, pre-cooked Johnsonville brats don't spit nothing when they come off the grill ... indeed.

No comments: