Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Viewer Blue / Tell me what I can eat, too!

I always thought that the key to staying thin was eating in moderation and exercising. Leave it to the Japanese to tell me there's a tech-driven shortcut:

"Looking for a way to crave those middle-of-the-afternoon cravings? Or maybe you want to find a way to eat less when you sit down for meal? All you have to do is don a pair of these deep blue tinted sunglasses and suddenly the food before you will shift from appetizing to disgusting.

"Well, that's the thinking behind these Japanese-designed specs. Apparently, the color blue acts to calm the brain's appetite center, making you feel less hungry for the duration of the time that you're seeing blue."

Read the rest here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice, nice, nice Elvis analogy

Anonymous said...

I don't know about calmin no brain centers, but I'll pose this: how many blue foods occur naturally? And before you mention blueberries, they ain't really blue.