Monday, April 07, 2008

Ain't no ribs like country ribs!

The menu at Chez Django last night included country style pork ribs, mashed taters, and green beans. I'd already finished eating when I realized that I'd failed to snap a picture of my before-and-after ribs. Well, dammit.

Here's a picture of uncooked ribs I found on the 'Net:


And here's how I cooked my ribs last night:

Joltin' Django's Pork Ribs

Ingredients

6-7 country style pork ribs
2 cups quality BBQ sauce (I prefer Stubb's for this recipe)
1 cup Trappey's jalapeƱo peppers (optional)

Directions

Preheat oven to 300 degrees
Line rectangular baking dish with foil
Place ribs in dish with plenty of room between each rib
Spread BBQ evenly over ribs and top with peppers
Tightly cover baking dish with foil
Bake 1 1/2-2 hours [Note: When ribs have cooked for 1 hour, remove them from oven and baste. Rotate baking dish and return to oven]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MY GRANDMOTHER WOULD MAKE THOSE KIND OF RIBS. SHE WOULD BOIL THEM BEFORE SHE PUT THEM IN THE OVEN. THEY WERE ALWAYS SO TENDER.