Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Ron's does this body good, indeed


For dinner tonight, I had meatloaf, green beans, mac-and-cheese and cornbread from Ron's BBQ & Fish.

Ron's is so very good; and I said as much 'bout Ron's in an early A Man's Gotta Eat post:

While it's not as good as my late Granny Ruby's meatloaf, Ron's meatloaf gets real close. It is expertly seasoned and filled with chopped onions. Some restaurants go overboard slathering their meatloaf in tomato sauce or ketchup, but not Ron's. Ron puts just enough tomato sauce atop his meatloaf to serve as a slightly spicy garnishment; and for that he is to be commended.

Alongside my meatloaf I had green beans, macaroni and cheese, and a thick hunk of cornbread. The green beans were seasoned with just enough salty ham; the macaroni was rich and creamy, with bits of oven-singed cheese on top; and the cornbread - which was light, fluffy, and full of cornmeal goodness - was a perfect sop for the spicy meatloaf juices left on my plate.

I waited a long time for a good meat-and-three to come to the southeast corner of Davidson County. Ron's was indeed worth the wait!

2 comments:

GingerSnaps said...

Where exactly is this located?

Joltin' Django said...

"Where exactly is this located?"

Corner of Bell Road and Murfreesboro Road ... you can't miss it.