Monday, April 14, 2008

God Save Freezer Queen® Macaroni And Cheese!

It's no secret that I love macaroni and cheese. Indeed, if I'm in a meat-and-three or cafeteria-style restaurant that features mac-and-cheese as a choice on its menu, nine times out of ten I'm gettin' just that. (Oh, and I've heard just about every joke ever told 'bout how people in the South consider mac-and-cheese to be a vegetable. I ain't interested in hearing no more!)

Regular visitors to this Web site have been treated to my own personal recipe for macaroni and cheese ... more than once, if memory serves. As much as I enjoy cooking and serving my macaroni and cheese, however, sometimes I'm just too pooped to put it together.

So, what do I do when I crave quality mac-and-cheese and don't want to do no serious cookin'? Why, I put a dish of Freezer Queen's frozen mac-and-cheese in my oven and just be all pleased when it comes out some 50 minutes later.


I'm well aware that Freezer Queen's mac-and-cheese is loaded with sodium and has very little real cheese in it. I don't care. It's salty and "cheesy" and crispy, and, boy, do I like it. If I choose to eat it once or twice each month, well, what the **** is wrong with that? Ab-so-lutely nothing, that's what.

For dinner this evening, I put a small, extra-lean pork loin on the grill (took about 20 minutes to cook). My one and only "side" ...? Freezer Queen Macaroni And Cheese. Check it out:

4 comments:

Mister Jimmy said...

You ever fry it up or broil it until it gets a nice crust on it? That's the way I like it best. I wonder what kind of a sammich I could make out of that?

Anonymous said...

Ummm, salty & crusty??

Joltin' Django said...

"salty & crusty??"

Hey, salty and crusty is better than bland and mushy, n'est-ce pas?!

Mister Jimmy said...

Salty and crusty is the twin pillars of the best of the best of all cuisine, especially when served with a well-chilled pilsner - that's beer to you Anonymous crackhounds.