Friday, April 18, 2008

Don't make me kick your ass

I just saw a Red Lobster commercial that ended with this script in small print at the bottom of the screen: "Prices higher in Times Square."

I wanna tell you something: Any New York City-livin' or visitin' feller who even thinks about spending his hard-earned money in a Red Lobster restaurant deserves a good ass-kicking. Twice over.

I will never forget the time I was in New Orleans - 'bout seven years ago - and witnessed a line of people waiting to get into a T.G.I. Friday's® in the French Quarter. I so very wanted to walk up and down the line of people shouting, "You people are waiting to get into a fern bar in the f***ing French Quarter! What in the f*** is wrong with you?!" (If'n I'd been as drunk as I got later during that trip, I might've done just that!)

I'll close by saying this ...

If you're a guy and you tell me that you ate a meal in a chain restaurant in New York City, I'm gonna kick your ass. I'll make an exception if you can prove that you were forced to eat there (like if your meal was provided during a business meeting). But if I find out that you paid for a meal in a chain restaurant in NYC, you're gonna get an ass-kicking. Twice.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I was in N.O. back in January and couldn't believe the people who would look for a chain before trying to explore the gems around the city... I NEVER get those people. Part of the fun is discovering what a city has to offer that can't be found anywhere else.

Anonymous said...

idiots who travel to places like nyc, new orleans, san fran, chicago and go to chain restaurants need more than a ass kicking, they need to have their tongues pulled out

Anonymous said...

I don't recall if it was London or Glasgow, but I had a Big Mac in the UK, just out of curiosity. I don't remember if it was just like an Amerian Mac or not, I just remember I paid almost 3 times what it would have cost me in the USA!

ceeelcee said...

Amen, Brother!

I'll never understand the line of people waiting outside the door at the Red Lobster in Destin.

Keep on calling the losers out, Django!