Thursday, June 26, 2008

Wurst und sauerkrat ist gut!


Last night, I took a bit of a swipe at the George Foreman Lean Mean Grilling Machine. Lemme make my position clear on said Machine: I agree with Larry Holmes that it'll dry out a hamburger faster than B. Hussein Obama can change his position on any given issue; however, you can flat cook a juicy boneless, skinless chicken breast on it.

That said, I have another George Foreman cooker in which I regularly cook sausages and pork loins (see above pic). Said cooker is no longer being manufactured by Big George's, well, manufacturing concern. If you take my word on its quality and go lookin' for one, be prepared to give an eBay seller 50 or 60 bucks for a never-been-used specimen. (I don't think I paid more than $25 for mine at J.C. Penny in 2000.)

I didn't have no plans for dinner when I got home 'round 6 p.m. this evening. I put some Georgia Boy smoked sausages in my George Foreman cooker, and I put a can of Kühne sauerkraut on the stove. I've told AMGE readers about Georgia Boy's products before. Now let me tell you about Kühne 'kraut ...

I picked up a can of Kühne 'kraut at the Global Market in Nashville last August. (FYI: the Global Market specializes in foods from the U.K. and Europe). If memory serves me correctly, I used that first can to garnish hot dogs at a cookout in my backyard soon thereafter. I've been keepin' several cans of Kühne-brand 'kraut in my pantry ever since.

Now, you know you've gotten your hands on a can of quality sauerkraut when you see that wine is one of the ingredients. Such is the case with Kühne's 'kraut, which is packed in Riesling wine. Crunchy and tangy (winey?!), Kühne's perfectly accompanies a good hot dog, a hot sausage, or a quality hunk o' pork roast or pork tenderloin. It is good, good stuff indeed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What is the name/model of your George Foreman cooker?