Tuesday, June 03, 2008

My first Litheranian beer


I stopped at my local liquor store today to pick up some white wine for cookin' purposes. I passed the cooler in which high-alcohol beers are chilled, and I did a double-take when I spied bottles of Lobster Lovers Beer. I simply couldn't pass up a beer with such an intriguing name.

I'll be honest: I've never been a big fan of high-alcohol beers. (Not malt liquor-style high-alcohol beer, mind you. I'm talking about the kind of beers you can only purchase in a liquor store.) Every last one I've ever consumed has had a metallic aftertaste. Lobster Lovers is no different. It has a hop-heavy taste with hints of fruit (it is an ale, after all). The lingering taste on my tongue after each swallow, however, was like what I would expect if I licked the inside of an aluminum can.

Cool label ... and I enjoyed the novelty of drinking a beer from Lithuania. But I won't be drinking Lobster Lovers Beer again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are a lot of those beers that come out of Canada. I think they taste funny too.

Anonymous said...

Samuel Adams has a Irish brew not. You need to try it because it really tastes good.