Sunday, June 01, 2008

Eatin' a Junior Whopper in Shelb'ville


Long 'bout 11:45 this morning, ma mère -- who was hungry and needed to make use of a WC -- and I made a lunchtime pit-stop at the Burger King® in Shelbyville, Tennessee three-quarters of the way into our journey to Fayetteville, Tennessee (to see my Great Aunt Caroline and my Great Aunt Dorothy).

My mother had a chicken sandwich; I had a Whopper Junior. We split a large order of French fries. Here's my 'pinion 'bout the meal:

I'm not exaggerating when I tell you this: Prior to today, the last time I dined in/consumed food from a Burger King was Fall 1995 -- right before my Best Bud Bruce and I seen Drivin' 'N' Cryin' perform at 328 Performance Hall in Nashville.

Thirteen years since I last ate at Burger King ... and I have to say that I've been missin' out. Sure, the burger patty I ate was on the thin side, but it tasted like something that'd come off a backyard - charcoal - grill. The fries weren't bad, either. Indeed, they were every bit as crisp on the outside, and tender on the inside, as McDonald's much-ballyhooed fast food fries.

I don't eat fast food hamburgers very often. I can tell you this, however, with a great deal of certainty: it ain't gonna be another 13 years before I dine at a Burger King restaurant again. Fo' sho'.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It has so many calories, but I have to have a Whopper about once a month.

Anonymous said...

looks like the burger jules ate in pulp fiction