Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Sausage & Stuffing sounds pretty good to me

I get a lot of unsolicited recipes, most of which I discard immediately. Today, however, I got me a recipe from the Campbell Soup Company for a "skillet sausage and stuffing," er, dish. I like stuffing, and I like sweet sausage. I really like hot sausage. Puttin' 'em all together sounds like a good thing to me.

I'm gonna make up a batch o' this pretty soon (stay tuned and you'll here about it):

Campbell's Skillet Sausage & Stuffing

Ingredients

1 lb. sweet Italian pork sausage, cut into 1" pieces
1 lb. hot Italian pork sausage, cut into 1" pieces
1 1/4 cups water *
1 medium onion, cut into wedges
1 small green pepper, cut into 2" strips
4 cups Pepperidge Farm® Herb Seasoned Stuffing

Directions

Brown sausage in skillet, 3-5 minutes. Drain fat.

Add water, onion and pepper. Heat to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat until sausage is cooked through.

Add stuffing. Mix lightly. Cover and let stand 5 min.

*For moister stuffing, increase water to 1 1/2 cups.

No comments: