Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Beans, beans, good for your ...

I've had a bad last two days. Yesterday, I went to the doctor for a malady that required me taking some out-light-a-light medication; and today I had some problems with my automobile, and I didn't get home until after 6:30.

I thawed some ham meat last night and I soaked some pinto beans today. I had no choice but to cook 'em when I got home. I may have had to wait until 8:30 to eat tonight, but I enjoyed the hell out of this once it was ready:

2 comments:

Mister Jimmy said...

Mmmmmmm . . . beans and ham. Speaking of - I got me some red beans and rice from the Belmont BiRite today, heated it up, topped with several splashes of Trappey's Hot Sauce (and a couple of dollops of yellow mustard) and a couple of slices of well-toasted bread. Add a very frosty bottle of PBR and you got Man-Food!
PS-Thursday is spaghetti day at the BiRite and they had two servings left when I got there. Guess who's getting one tomorrow?!

Anonymous said...

ham beans cornbread buttermilk beer is the only thing we need when we go hunting or fishing or on saturday