Thursday, March 26, 2009

Take me out to the, er, men's room



The West Michigan Whitecaps minor league baseball club -- West Michigan is the Detroit Tigers' Class A team -- recently announced a new addition to their 2009 ballpark menu: The Fifth Third Burger.

What's a Fifth Third Burger? Well ...

The Fifth Third burger features a whole lotta grilled ground beef ("five thirds of a pound" to be exact), nacho cheese, chili, salsa, tortilla chips, lettuce, maters, onions and refried beans on an 8-inch sesame seed bun.

"The Fifth Third burger is not for the casual eater," said Matt Timon, director of food and beverage for the Whitecaps. Ain't that statement a candidate for understatement of the year?!

At nearly 5,000 calories and costing 20 bucks a pop, the Fifth Third Burger is truly a meal for two, or three, or four, or five ...

3 comments:

Mister Jimmy said...

Speakin' of hot dogs -

I came home from the BiRite with my 'sketti (it is Thursday ya know!) along with some Nathan's Beef hot dogs and some hickory smoked bacon. These two items the final ingredients for my camp style beans 'n' franks experiment. The dogs proved too tempting and I had to fire one up with some Duke's, some brown mustard and a dash of Trappey's, along with a bit of cheddar. Tasty. There's still plenty left for the BeanieWeenie skillet!

Anonymous said...

Looks like something for the Man VS. Food guy to tackle.

Chris Martin said...

Though I have no doubt it would take about seven seconds for that burger to pass through me, I still wouldn't mind trying one.