Monday, March 09, 2009

La Nouvelle-Orléans



Exactly ten years ago, I was enjoying the first day on my first trip to New Orleans. I remember that day quite well: I got off the plane at 1 p.m. and hailed a cab; I checked into my French Quarter bed-'n'-bre'fast; I got drunk in a bar; I consumed about a gallon of gumbo at the Gumbo Shop; and I stumbled back to my room some 13 hours after I'd arrived.

The Gumbo Shop was but a jumping off point for my many culinary adventures in New Orleans. Indeed, during my four trips to the Crescent City, I've put legs under tables of its bestest restaurants (Acme Oyster House, Mother's, Deanie's, Tujagues, etc.). I know there're are dozens, and dozens, and dozens of groin-grabbingly fine restaurants that I've not yet been to in New Orleans, thus I'm gonna enter the Top Chef Culinary Dream Vacation contest 'cause, well, nothing would please me more these days than a free trip to New Orleans.

Winners of the Top Chef Culinary Dream Vacation contest will receive round-trip airfare to New Orleans, three nights in the Omni Royal Orleans Hotel in the French Quarter, tickets to the New Orleans Wine and Food Experience events, a special Vintner Dinner at the Commander's Palace restaurant, and a cooking class at the New Orleans Cooking Experience.

Contest deadline is April 16. For more information on the New Orleans Wine and Food Experience, click here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How much is Top Chef paying you? Isnt that a disclure kind of thing?