Saturday, January 02, 2010

There's a new beer magazine in town


Imagine my surprise when a glossy new beer magazine arrived at A Man's Gotta Eat's palatial offices today. It's called The Beer Connoisseur, and what a great periodical it is.

The layout of Beer Connoisseur is in some respects similar to Wine Spectator (the editor's note and the profile of Anchor Steam® owner Fritz Maytag); and in other respects it's very similar to Cigar Aficionado (in-depth beer ratings). That's a good thing, in my opinion (apologies to Martha Stewart).

My only beef with Beer Connoisseur's inaugural issue is the inclusion of a recipe by Gordon Ramsey. Gordon Ramsey might have a pocket full o' Michelin stars, and he might have many, many pockets full o' money, but he is a wretched human being. If he and I ever found ourselves in the same kitchen, and he started that screamin' and bitchin' bull****, he'd get pistol-whipped faster than he could say "Hell's Kitchen" ... and that's not hyperbole on my part, indeed.

Anywho, I've already subscribed to The Beer Connoisseur; I urge you to do the same. Sign-up for two years and you'll get a hat or T-shirt (I opted for the shirt).

Subscribe here.

No comments: