Sunday, January 24, 2010

I got a new favourite


I have been a fan of CAO cigars for quite some time. (Disclaimer: I once did business with CAO - it is, after all, a member in good standing of the Nashville business community. For several years my humidor was stocked with "promotional" cigars that were given to me by the fine folks at CAO.) Always partial to CAO's maduro cigars, I decided to take a chance on a box of Criollo Conquistadors ... mainly because they were on sale at Thompson Cigar Co. On sale or not, I now have a new favorite CAO cigar.

The CAO Criollo Conquistador has a very complex flavor with plenty of cedar, earthy tobacco, and light coffee character. In addition, Macanudo cigars are very well constructed. The three I've smoked so far all burned evenly until they had formed an even inch, inch and a half ash. To borrow a line from Barney Fife, that right there is a mark of a fine cigar, indeed.

A box of 25 Conquistadors will set you back about 140 bucks, but they're worth every penny. (A single will run you 7-8 bucks at your local tobacconist.) Talk to me nice and, hell, I might even share one of my remaining Conquistadors with you!

4 comments:

Brian Stanley said...

I think all that cigar smoke is what clouded you into becoming a Republican. I'm kidding. I'm kidding!

Joltin' Django said...

I think all that cigar smoke is what clouded you into becoming a Republican. I'm kidding. I'm kidding!

I think smoking fine cigars shows I'm refined and have good taste ... a hallmark of most of the Republicans I know.

Anonymous said...

good one django!

Stewart Tartal said...

I totally agree with your statement about Republicans. Count me as one! Love the blog and love your description of the CAO cigars. Sounds incredible. Would love to try one of those indeed. Hard to get good cigars here where I live without driving an hour or more. I'd be willing to try one if you're willing to let others share in your enjoyment.