Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Angelo, RIP

It is my sad duty to report that Angelo Lamattina, of Angelo's Picnic Pizza fame, has passed.

The last time I saw Angelo was not too long after he found out that he had cancer. When I told him I'd be praying for him, he smiled and said, "I'm gonna beat this thing!" He was tossing a pizza dough as he said it.

Angelo didn't beat it ... but his smiling and tossing that dough is a memory that I'll never forget.

Search the A Man's Gotta Eat archives and you'll find many mentions of Angelo's Picnic Pizza, my favorite Nashville pizza joint.

That said, if you search for me tommorrow evening, you'll find me at Angelo's eating one of these ...


Angelo, you will be missed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can see your in mourning , Django. I'm going to visit Angelo
s Picnic Place per your recommend.