Sunday, November 16, 2008

Better Irish Red than ... well, a lot of things


I've mentioned several times on this blog that I'm a big fan of Samuel Adams Boston Lager. It ain't my favorite beer, mind you, but I do like me a cold Sam Adams every now and then.

I went to my local grocery to pick up a six-pack of something for football-watchin' purposes today. First thing I noticed was the absense of six-packs of Boston Lager in the cooler. Second thing I noticed was the fact that there were several six-packs of Samuel Adams Irish Red beer in the cooler. Since I'd never tried Irish Red before, I decided to give it a whirl.

Irish Red tastes a lot like Boston Lager. The only difference is that Irish Red is a lot less hoppy. Less hoppy, but still damn good. (You know, I don't think I've even slightly disliked any of styles of beer Samuel Adams produces.)

So, for those of you who think Boston Lager is too hoppy or too bitter, or for those of you who think Killian's is good "red" beer, I urge you give Samuel Adams Irish Red a try sometime. Your taste buds will thank you.

No comments: