Tuesday, February 12, 2008

[?]'s sweet 'n' spicy coleslaw


I recently procured my favorite BBQ restaurant's recipe for coleslaw. I ain't gonna tell you which BBQ joint is my favorite 'cause I'm going to do a review one of these days. Just know that this is good:

[?] BBQ's Sweet 'N' Spicy Coleslaw

Ingredients

1 cabbage
1 large white onion
2 large carrots
1/2 cup mayonnaise (preferably Duke's)
1/4 cup mustard
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon black pepper

Directions

Mix mayo, mustard, vinegar, sugar and pepper in large bowl. Set aside.

Core cabbage, peel carrots and peel onion. Finely chop cabbage, carrots and onion in food processor.

Place chopped vegetables in bowl with "sauce"; mix well. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like potato salad ;)

Mister Jimmy said...

Today was meatloaf day at the Belmont Bi-Rite. By my reconing I've consumed approximately (2 . . .6 . . . carry the naught . . .) two pounds of red meat over the last 3 days. I must've had some kinda iron dee-fish-shinsee.
I'm gonna need some more fiber in my diet . . .mmmmmm meatloaf sammich with ketchup on it!

Joltin' Django said...

What a coinkidink. I made a big meatloaf tonight! Just like this:

http://nashville-eats.blogspot.com/2008/01/meatloaf-monday.html