Friday, February 08, 2008

Spicy skirt steak

I found a recipe last night that I do not remember writing down. Thus, I do not know from whence it came -- that is, I don't know if I saw it on TV, in a magazine, in the paper, etc.

My discovery was a recipe for spicy skirt steak. Since I had a 2 lb skirt steak in the freezer, I decided to make it for dinner tonight. I was already cleaning up the kitchen when I realized that I'd failed to take a picture of my fine meal. Oh, well. Maybe next time.

Spicy Skirt Steak

Ingredients

2 lb skirt steak, cut into three equal pieces
3 jalapeño peppers
2 limes, squeezed
2 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup light olive oil

Directions

Roughly chop jalapeños. Peel garlic cloves. Place peppers, garlic, soy sauce, olive oil, and lime juice in a blender. Quickly pulse 5-6 times, or until peppers are finely chopped.

Place steaks in shallow baking dish. Pour marinade over steaks, turning to make sure both sides are evenly covered. Place steaks in refrigerator for 1 hour. (Allow steaks to reach room temperature before cooking.)

Heat charcoal until grey ash appears. Cook steaks 1 minute per side. When finished cooking, wrap meat in aluminum foil and allow to sit for 10 minutes.

Remove meat from foil, reserving foil and juices. Slice thinly across the grain of the meat. Return to foil pouch and toss with juice. Serve with grilled peppers and onions, if desired.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you got that recipe from my website