Friday, February 29, 2008

Re: Bud Sauce

Beer and barbeque. What a combination. Next to burgers 'n' cheese, or fried potatoes 'n' ketchup, tain't two words for which a man who's gotta eat should have more affinity than "beer" and "barbeque."

As much as I hate Budweiser beer, I have to admit that the folks at Anheuser-Busch can turn out a quality bottle of barbeque sauce (Bud Sauce):



Bud Sauce, if you will, is a little bit spicy and a little bit sweet; and it's obviously infused with a good deal of Budweiser beer. Indeed, each time I've cooked with it, the general area in which I've cooked started smelling like beer.

Good smells don't always equal good taste: Bread never tastes as good as it smells while baking; coffee never tastes as good as it does while brewing. That said, I can honestly say that the sweet/spicy/beer smell that comes off of a meat slathered in Bud Sauce will

I threw a couple of pork steaks on the grill ce soir, and I seasoned 'em with salt, pepper, and a goodly amount of Bud Sauce (see pic above).

Sweet, spicy, and beer-tasting, my pork steaks were , well, so very good ... especially since they were served with big dollops of Tennessee chow-chow.

Beer. Pork. Chow-chow. Don't you wish you were here?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks liek a pork chop to me

Anonymous said...

I'm just finishing the last few bites of a meatloaf sammich with ketchup on it . . . and hot sauce, with beer. That sauce looks tasty.

Anonymous said...

HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE BUD? AFTER ALL IT IS THE KING OF BEERS!