Monday, February 18, 2008

Me like raw, too!

Show me a hippy-dippy vegetarian, or someone obsessed with body cleansing, who's not pretentious, and I'll show you a dead hippy-dippy vegetarian/body cleanser. Check this out:

"A diet that consists solely of raw food can be intimidating and a little jarring if you're not used to it. But despite its associations with body 'cleanses' and hippy-dippy living, it's really a welcomed change from the overly-cooked, overly-fussed with food many of us are used to.

"This month, Domino Magazine features a days' worth of raw food recipes (minus dinner) that are heavy on taste and light on pretension."

Maybe the hippy-dippy set is on to something after all. Maybe I'll try the raw thing tomorrow night. I'll start with some raw oysters. I'll make me a salad, heavy on packed-in-oil anchovies. And for the main course I'll have me a rare tuna steak ... no, a rare beef steak. I want that sombitch so rare that I hear a "moo" every time I take a bite.

Goin' raw rawks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Show me a hippy-dippy vegetarian, or someone obsessed with body cleansing, who's not pretentious, and I'll show you a dead hippy-dippy vegetarian/body cleanser.


AMENNNNNN!