Saturday, February 16, 2008

What is that, like a little chicken?

I had a couple of Cornish hens in my freezer that were just begging to be cooked. (I mean that literally. 'Bout once every other wee morning I could hear my Cornish hens exclaiming: "Cook me, cook me!") Cook 'em I did. Like this ...

After a good thawing, I removed the backbone from each Cornish hen. In a small bowl, I mixed two tablespoons olive oil, a half-teaspoon of finely chopped garlic, a little pinch of cayenne pepper and a big-ass pinch of dried rosemary. I worked a finger under the breast and leg skin(s) of each hen, and then I poured in my oil-herb mixture. A liberal dousing of salt and pepper, on each side, came next.


I pre-heated my grill to 350 degrees and gave it a good Pam®-spraying. I threw my hens on the grill, skin down, and I then I carefully placed an aluminum foil-wrapped brick on each.


I cooked my birds for 25 minutes before removing the bricks and flipping 'em. After they'd cooked for another, oh, 10 minutes, I removed 'em and let 'em rest for a bit.


I don't like to toot my own horn, but ... TOOT! Damn, those hens was goooood!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your always cooking for two. does that mean that you are attatched? a man who can cook is about the sexiest thing around.

Anonymous said...

Great Seinfeld reference, dude