Sunday, March 02, 2008

Salade de poulet

Since I had to work yesterday, I didn't have no definite plans for dinner last night. Don't know why, but I got me a wild hair for some quality chicken salad (probably because I didn't feel like cooking).

First, I took me two large cans of chicken breast. I squeezed every bit of water out of the chicken and shredded it really fine. I threw in a cup of finely diced white onion, a cup of finely diced green pepper, and one finely diced serrano pepper. Next came a cup of mayonnaise (Duke's, of course), a little salt, and a lot of black pepper. Threw it on some wheat bread and added some Tabasco.

Man, this was some good eatin':


Now, a lot of chicken salad recipes call for froo-froo ingredients like apples, grapes, and nuts. To hell with that. (For the record, I don't know a single human being with testicles who enjoys chicken salad made with such things.) Simplicity is the key to good chicken salad. Mayo ... some chopped vegetables ... salt and pepper ... good bread. That's all you need.

Homey don't need no grapes and apples 'round his chicken salad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lemon pepper is good in chicken salad. in tuna too.