Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Sweet 'n' Spicy


I had a big lunch today. So when it came time to think about eatin' dinner ce soir, I decided to make me some rice and just drown it in Tabasco's "Sweet & Spicy" sauce.

I had positive things to say 'bout Tabasco's newest style o' sauce last August, and this is what I said:

TABASCO® has a new Asian-influenced sauce: Tabasco Sweet & Spicy. For months I've been looking for this sauce in local grocery stores, and I finally found it today at my neighborhood Publix Super Market. (Somehow I knew Publix would be the first store to stock the new Tabasco sauce. They're good that way.)

While plain ol' Tabasco will always be my favorite "condiment" from the Tabasco family of sauces, Sweet & Spicy is a darn good thang to pour over one's food.

Sweet & Spicy is not as hot as other Tabasco sauces. It has a slightly sweet taste with just enough heat to tickle the back of a person's tongue. The only drawback with Sweet & Spicy is this: It is very thick. Folks who like to carpet bomb their food with hot sauce, like moi, will find it very difficult to do so with Sweet & Spicy Tabasco.

Tabasco's Web site says Sweet & Spicy "is perfect for dipping ... everything from egg rolls to chicken tenders to French fries!" True enough, but I would add white rice, stir-fried vegetables, and grilled chicken to the mix.

If you're a hot sauce fan, you'll be doing yourself a big favor when you add a bottle of Tabasco Hot & Spicy to your hot sauce repertoire.


If you like sweet and/or spicy foodstuffs, you will love Tabasco Sweet & Spicy. I guarantee it ...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The International Country Buffet on Bell Road has that Tabasco and I use it on the egg rolls. Very good. Good recommend Django.

Anonymous said...

embrace the beast!

Anonymous said...

got it when I was in Louisiana a short while ago, my husband's been plowing through the bottle since. This sounds like a good way to put it to use though...