Friday, May 09, 2008

Chicken and jalapeños (you gotta like the sound of that)


Mr. Jimmy and I had a brief discussion about BBQ sauce today. I told him I was going to post a recipe for one of my favorite quick-and-easy meals. Well, here 'tis:

Joltin' Django's Chicken and Jalapeños

Ingredients

6-8 chicken tenders (or boneless/skinless chicken breasts cut into strips)
2-3 cups quality BBQ sauce (I prefer Stubb's for this dish)
1 cup jalapeños (Trappey's or Mrs. Renfro's)

Directions

Preheat oven to 350
Line a shallow baking dish with aluminum foil
Place chicken tenders in dish and cover with BBQ sauce and jalapeños
Tightly cover dish with aluminum foil
Cook for 45-50 minutes
Remove dish from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before removing foil

Make sure you have some good rolls, or a crusty bread, to eat along with this dish. You'll need something so sop up all that spicy BBQ sauce.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to try Mrs Renfro's jalapeno salsa if you haven't already. It is pretty hot (but its probably not hot for you!)

Anonymous said...

That does not EVEN look good. You lost me on that one.

Joltin' Django said...

Mr./Ms. Anonymous:

I cook what I like, and I like what I cook. And that's all that really matters, n'est-ce pas?

Cheers!