Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Race dat cheese!

Every heard of cheese racing? The guys at Slash Food tell us 'bout it:

"This is a practice in while [sic] people (mostly like while they are under the influence of alcohol) toss the still-wrapped slices onto a grill, in order to see who's slice will puff up the fastest. Apparently the plastic doesn't melt or burst and the cheese gives off inflating gas. Who knew!"

Here's a pic:


I certainly hope that the idiots who engage in cheese racing have the good sense to scrape the melted cheese onto a hamburger or something.

Now, I don't share the Slash Food disdain for individually-wrapped slices of cheese. Indeed, three or four slices of Kraft American cheese melted between two slices of toasted bread tastes pretty damn good to me. As Hank Hill once said, "No one makes cheese like the Americans."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

those look like hot pockets

Joltin' Django said...

Just so you know: I tried to "race cheese" with a slice of Kraft American ... and it became a shrunken, melted mess. If'n it'd dripped onto my grill - or, worse, into my gas grill's innards - I would've been VERY pissed. And the folks at Slash Food might've become well aquainted with a particular firearm ... I ain't sayin' nothin' else.