Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Fraud!


It wasn't very long ago when I posted a very favorable review of Stroud's Barbeque here at A Man's Gotta Eat. Here's a portion of what I said:

After I'd applied a good dose of Stroud's hot BBQ sauce to my sandwich, I grabbed it with my both hands and took a bite. This is what I said aloud, to no one in particular: "Man, this is some good barbeque!" And it was good, indeed. The meat was smoky and it was juicy and, by God, I wish I was eatin' some of it right now.

During that visit to Stroud's, I filled out a card to join Stroud's Birthday Club. A sign on the box in which I placed that card promised that I'd receive a coupon for a free pork sammich 'bout two weeks before my birthday rolled around. Well, my birthday is today, and I'm still waiting for that coupon.

To say that I'm disappointed is a profound understatement. If Stroud's is gonna put out a Birthday Club box and promise folks who sign up a free sammich on their birthday, Stroud's should by God do just that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

did you call jonnie cochran yet?