Thursday, August 21, 2008

I'm lovin' it!


I don't eat at McDonald's very often. I don't have some Morgan Spurlock-style anti-McDonald's bias, mind you. I just don't eat a lot of fast food.

I ordered some books from Amazon.com back in June. Included with all the glossy two-sided advertisements in my order - if you've ever ordered books from Amazon, you know what I'm talkin' about - was a coupon for a free McDonald's Southern Style Chicken Sandwich. I stuck the coupon in my wallet and promptly forgot about it.

Late last week, a co-working buddy told me that he'd had a McDonald's Southern Style Chicken Sandwich, and he said, and this is a di-rect quote, "It was the best fast food chicken sandwich I've ever had. Ever." As he continued to rave about his Mickey D's sammich, I remembered that I had a coupon for a free one in my wallet. I quickly checked the expiration date, which was August 31, 2008, and I told my friend that I was gonna try me one of them sammiches.

On Wednesday, I headed to McDonald's to get me a chicken sandwich. I don't know if it's the best fast food chicken chicken sandwich I've ever had, but it was damn close. The bun was fresh, the chicken was crispy and well seasoned, and there were six - yeah, six - pickle slices on my sammich.

I only have one beef, no pun intended, with the Southern Chicken Sandwich: tain't no condiments on it (a fact that will surely dissuade Mr. Jimmy from ever eatin' one). Next time I purchase one of then Southern Style sammiches - and believe me, there will be a next time - I'm going to take it home and put a big dollop of Duke's on it. Now, I'll be lovin' that!

3 comments:

BP said...

Yes, the Southern Style Chicken Sandwich is good. But I liked it better the first time...when it was called Chick-fil-a.

I kid, I kid. But seriously, you have to admit they're really similar.

Anonymous said...

There were coupons in the USA Weekend last week for the Southern Style sandwich and bisquit. I tried the sandwich and I thought it was pretty good. But I agree that it needed some mayo or something on it. I kept dipping mine in my ketchup.

Anonymous said...

go to mcdonalds website and you can get a free coupon, but it expires 9/1