Wednesday, August 13, 2008
How much are celebrity chefs cookin' up?
Forbes is out with a list of the "Top 10 Earning Celebrity Chefs":
10. Anthony Bourdain - $1.5 million
9. Bobby Flay - $1.5 million
8. Tom Colicchio - $2 million
7. Mario Batali - $3 million
6. Paula Deen - $4.5 million
5. Alain Ducasse - $5 million
4. Nobuyuki Matsuhisa - $5 million
3. Gordon Ramsay - $7.5 million
2. Wolfgang Puck - $16 million
1. Rachel Ray - $18 million
It ain't hard to figure out why Rachel Ray is number one on this list. She has a half-dozen different shows on the Food Network; she has a line of grossly overpriced cookware; and she probably made a small fortune when she consented to have her panty-clad big booty splashed in the pages of FHM magazine. That said, it pains the hell out of me to know that many times more than Anthony Bourdain and Mario Batali. Pains the hell out of me, I said.