Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Sauce me!

The company that produces the World's Best Mayonnaise, C.F. Sauer Co., also makes a damn good BBQ sauce. Here 'tis:


I usually shy away from BBQ sauces that feature sugar as a major ingredient. Sauer's does list sugar amongst its ingredients; however, Sauer's has enough pepper and spice in its blend to burn away its already muted sweet flavor.

The only grocery store in the world in which I've been able to find Sauer's BBQ sauce is a little food mart in Camden, TN. I cannot drive through Camden - which I do quite often on my way to my aunt's cabin on Kentucky Lake - without stopping to get me a half-dozen bottles of my second-favorite BBQ sauce in the world (click here for my favorite).

Last night, I cooked a small pork roast with new potatoes, onions and peppers. While the meat - which I'd seasoned with a rub of cayenne, garlic salt, and Cavender's Greek Seasoning - was plenty flavorful by itself, it was absolutely mouth-watering when I added a couple o' squirts of Sauer's.

If you spy Sauer's BBQ sauce in a Nashville-area grocery store, drop me a line and tell me where. Joltin' Django will appreciate it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I live in Chesterfield County, right outside Richmond where C.F. Sauer is headquartered.

I have always loved this sauce since it reminds me so much of the Eastern Carolina style sauce that I've grown up on.

Thanks for the positive review!