Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Joltin' Django's Big Boy Burger

I called my cancer-stricken neighbor, Vince, this morning to see how he was feeling (he had a treatment on Friday, and it really knocked him for a loop). I asked if he'd been able to eat much over the past few days and he said no. Then he said, "I would really love to have a grilled hamburger, even if I could only eat a few bites."

I told Vince I would stop and pick up some ground beef on my way home this evening, and by God he and his -- Vince has two kids -- would get a grilled hamburger ce soir.

Here're are the burgers, which'd been drizzled with Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce, before I put 'em on the charcoal grill (apologies to Hank Hill):


Here's my hamburger 'fore I tore into it (unfortunately, the big slices of onion and tomato aren't visible):


Does that look good, or what?!

Update:

Creeder Reader Kim W writes to ask, "What kind of buns did you use?"

I used Sara Lee whole wheat "deli" buns ... Joltin' Django's favorite hamburger buns!

No comments: