Monday, December 03, 2007

Chicken soup for the Joltin' Django

What is it they say about "best-laid schemes" ...?

Yesterday, I decided to make a big pot o' homemade chicken soup. I was going to accurately measure my portions and provide the recipe for my readers. Furthermore, I was going to document the process with my digital camera to show folks what a mean pot of chicken yours truly can make.

Well, things didn't progress like I wanted. I took a picture of all my "stock" ingredients in the pot waiting to be simmered; but before I could do anything else, a couple of friends stopped by. They agreed to stay for dinner, and I was too busy entertaining them to measure portions and take pics.

Here's the one picture I did manage to take; it shows two chickens in a pot with carrots, celery, onions, garlic, kosher salt and fresh black pepper:



Sometime in the very near future I'll be posting my chicken soup recipe in all its glory. Hopefully, I'll have a bunch o' pics, too.

No comments: