Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Hoagie hamburger? No, thank you ...

I rarely eat fast food hamburgers. When I do get a hankering for a fast burger, I usually head to Wendy's. This is what I wrote in a company newsletter a few months ago:

"[A] Double 'n' Frosty is a temptation that I sometimes find so very hard to resist."

Earlier this year, Wendy's asked customers to send in ideas for a new hamburger. The winning entry, which was announced two weeks ago, is the Philly Style Hoagie Burger:


That was the most original entry? Grilled hamburgers topped with salami? I'll bet it took all of 5 seconds to conjure up that culinary creation.

When I see the Hoagie Burger on the menu at my local Wendy's, I don't think I'll be ordering one. Not that I have anything against salami, mind you; but if I'm going to eat salami - or any deli meat, for that matter - I want it on a fresh hoagie bun, dammit.

No comments: