Thursday, December 13, 2007

What will they think of next?

When I was a kid, it seemed like only the wimpiest of wimpy children insisted on having the crust cut off their bread ... probably because their parents over-indulged them by doing things like, well, cutting the crust off bread.

Speaking of over-indulgence, I went to elementary school with a kid whose mother picked out each and every chunk of chicken from cans of Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup 'cause, as my classmate told me several times, "The chicken taste[d] funny." Just thinking about it makes my eye sockets hurt from deep eye-rollin'.

That said, I would've never dreamed of asking my mother or father for crustless bread. First, 'cause I preferred crusted bread from my first sandwich onward; and second, because I knew damn-well how my parents would've responded to a request for crustless bread: "I'M NOT CUTTING THE CRUST OFF YOUR @$#%&* BREAD!."

AOL points out that you can now purchase bread with the crusts already cut off:

"Sick of cutting the crust off your [wimpy] kid's bread? The answer: Crustless bread. Available in Spain since 1999, under the Bimbo brand, it was introduced as IronKids Crustless in the U.S., but is not widely available."

Here's a picture:



What will they think of next? Chickenless chicken noodle soup?!

No comments: