Thursday, April 23, 2009

An interesting concept ...

One of my favorite things to eat is a bacon, lettuce and tomato sammich (with Duke's mayonnaise, of course). Indeed, I reckon I make a me a BLT about, oh, once every eight days or so.

On this morning's Bob & Tom Show, the B&T gang talked about a product called Baconnaise, which, apparently, is a bacon-flavored mayonnaise. They talked about how it's now possible to have a BLT sans bacon.

One of my favorite things to eat is a bacon, lettuce and tomato sammich (with Duke's mayonnaise, of course). Indeed, I reckon I make a me a BLT about, oh, once every eight days or so. Now, as much as I'm intrigued by the prospect of bacon-flavored mayo, I can't imagine why anyone would eat a "BLT" with just bread, lettuce and Baconnaise. That's just plain wrong, especially considering that a house in which bacon has been fried smells great for the next four or five hours.

Lest you think I'm not up to trying Baconnaise, hold it right there. I'm gonna get me a jar of the stuff to see how it peps up some grilled hamburgers. Stay tuned for a review.

Check out the Baconnaise Web site here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

jon stewart gagged on that shit and you will too

Terry Baker said...

I do my BLT with turkey bacon, baby spinach, tomato, mayo, and 7 grain or 12 grain toast. Since I've hardly eaten any pork since high school, I really don't miss it. (In boot camp I was so famished that I ate everything on my tray, but I don't count that.)