Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The extra "X" means X-tra good ('n' hot)


Several months ago, I said this 'bout Melinda's Extra Hot Habanero Sauce:

How does Melinda's taste? [I]t has a wonderfully fruity taste, but it's not as hot as I'd like from a sauce made from habanero peppers. Indeed, the heat-level of Melinda's is on par with regular Tabasco sauce.

Thus, my Melinda's verdict is:

Tastes great, tain't hot enough.


This afternoon - per the encouragement of my culinary ami Mr. Jimmy - I purchased a bottle of XXXXtra Reserve Melinda's at my local food jobber.

Oh, my.

Black label Melinda's is not only as fruitily tasty, if you will, as its white label cousin, it gives one's tounge a stinging 'bout, oh, five times more than the sting one gets from regular Tabasco sauce.

Now that I've found black label Melinda's, I'll never say that "[Melinda's] ain't hot enough," again.

Mr. Jimmy'll back me up, I'm sure ...

No comments: