Wednesday, March 05, 2008

The "best," my ass

I recently started receving e-mails from some outfit called Cooking.com. I usually delete the damn things ... with extreme prejudice.

The latest Cooking.com e-mail came tonight bearing the subject heading "Best Chicken Soup Ever." Intrigued, I opened it to find a recipe for "made-from-scratch" chicken noodle soup. I got through half of the ingredients - which included beef bouillon cubes, chicken noodle soup mix (!), and cans of chicken broth - before I said to myself, "This ain't made from scratch! How dare those sombitches call this the best anything ever!"

If the folks at Cooking.com want to see a bowl of made-from-scratch chicken soup, which may not be the best ever but comes damn close, here 'tis:


For those who're curious, those are Streit's Mediterranean matzos.

2 comments:

michael, claudia and sierra said...

once again - lovin the soup and the matzoh...

Anonymous said...

WOW. I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THAT AS I LOOOK AT 4 INCHES OF SNOW ON MY FRONT YARD!