Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Sriracha is hot!


A co-worker who knows how much I like hot sauce gave me a bottle of Huy Fong Foods' Sriracha Chili Sauce a few months back. It took me all of two weeks to empty that 17-ounce bottle. I then headed to a local international market and purchased a 28-ounce bottle. I emptied that sombitch in less than two weeks.

Yeah, I'd found me a new favorite hot sauce.

Sriracha, which is made from sun-ripened chilies, has a slightly sweet taste with a temperature just a bit hotter than regular Tabasco sauce. It tastes good on anything, but I've found that I enjoy it most on non-red meats and white rice. Indeed, sometimes I'll make a meal out of nothing but Asian white rice and Sriracha -- a lot of Sriracha.

I've seen Sriracha in several grocery stores in and around Nashville (Publix, Kroger, Food Lion). If you want a big bottle, however, you'll have to head to an Asian or an international market.

If you like hot sauce, get yourself a bottle of Sriracha. You'll be glad you did.

No comments: