Monday, October 08, 2007

Publix has its mojo workin'!


I spent the better part of three hours at Southern Hills Medical Center this afternoon undergoing various tests -- the nature of which I won't yet reveal, lest I be jinxed. (Let's just say that my problems are "down there," and we'll leave it at that.)

After departing from the hospital, I headed to a nearby Publix Super Market to pick up a couple of things that I can only find therein. (Publix, you see, has frozen, pre-prepared, and canned things on its shelves that no other freakin', frappin' grocery store in and 'round Nashville will stock.)

Having no plans for dinner this evening, I decided to get something from the Publix deli. What I got was a fresh-roasted Mojo Rotisserie Chicken. Man, what a damn fine chicken it was.

I'd never had a roasted chicken from Publix before; and, to the best of my knowledge, I'd never eaten anything that'd been mojo-seasoned. (Mojo seasoning consists of onion salt, garlic, pepper and spices, and it gives whatever foodstuff upon which it's been placed a tongue-satisfying zip and zing.)

After my Southern Hills adventure, I really didn't feel like cookin' anything tonight. So I sat down to watch the Yankees-Indians game with just chicken and homemade pico de gallo on my plate.

I'm very glad that I decided on such a simple dinner. If I'd added anything else to my menu, I may not have noticed how freakin' juicy a Publix roasted chicken is; and the crispy skin may have escaped my attention as well. (Crispy skin and juiciness is a mark of a quality roasted chicken, indeed.)

Next time I get me a Publix chicken, I'm going to make mashed potatoes and fry some corn. Hell, I might even fry up some cornbread to make it a culinary hat-trick, plus one.

Wanna join me?

With all that said, here's some "corporate" info about Publix's deli chickens:

Facts About Publix Deli Rotisserie Chicken

● Publix Deli Rotisserie Chicken is roasted fresh throughout the day and is never more than three hours old.
● We marinate our chicken, so it's always tender and flavorful.
● Publix Deli Rotisserie Chicken comes in four exclusive seasonings: Original, Barbeque, Lemon Pepper and Mojo.
● You can pick up a Publix Deli Rotisserie Chicken hot or cold.
● Our chicken is roasted fresh, never frozen.
● Publix Deli Rotisserie Chicken can be a great time-saver and a delicious alternative to the typical fast food burgers or take-out.


No comments: