Saturday, October 13, 2007

Joltin' Django down by Oktoberfest


A detailed post 'bout today's Oktoberfest celebration just wasn't meant to be. First of all, I made it all the way to Germantown before I realized that I'd forgotten my digital camera. D'OH! After arriving home, I sat down and typed out five long paragraphs describing what I did - and, more importantly, what I ate - at Oktoberfest. When I tried to publish my post, I kept getting "error" messages. Not only that, but Blogger failed to save my post as a draft. D'OH, again!

Wanna know why I never miss Nashville's Oktoberfest celebration? here's the very short and sweet answer:

First, Oktoberfest affords Nashvillians the opportunity to walk down certain city streets in broad daylight whilst drinking beer. Not only beer, but German beer in big mugs.

Second, I don't know who's responsible for preparing the sauerkraut served during Oktoberfest, but I can tell you this: it is gooooood sauerkraut. Plus, it's served in big trays so folks can put it on their wieners and sich. I'll bet I loaded my plate with 2 lbs of the stuff before sitting down to eat.

If you've never been to Oktoberfest, I highly recommend that you make plans to attend next year. Look for me. I'll be the feller wearing a Red Sox -- eating a pile of sauerkraut as big as my head!

No comments: