Wednesday, June 10, 2009

" ... the best pimiento cheese."


My grandmother was well-regarded for her homemade pimiento cheese. Not only that, she instituted a tradition that continues in my family to this day: fried chicken and pimiento cheese sandwiches.

When I was a kid, I don't ever remember my mother serving fried chicken what wasn't paired with pimiento cheese sandwiches. Hell, I was nearly 10-years-old -- when a Mrs. Winner's chicken shack opened near my house -- before I knew that it was possible to eat fried chicken without pimiento cheese sandwiches.

That said, today's Tennessean has a great article about pimiento cheese. Check it out here.

As much as I appreciate homemade pimiento cheese, there's a store-bought brand that I like more than any commericial stuff I've yet consumed. Read all about it.

No comments: