Saturday, June 06, 2009

Mary B's sounds so very good to me


From A Man's Gotta Eat, September 13, 2007:

One of my all time favorite meals is chicken and dumplings. And by dumplings I mean strip dumplings cooked in chicken broth, like my Granny Ruby used to make, not Bisquick biscuits cooked in cream of mushroom soup.

I used to make dumplings from scratch (they ain't too hard to make). About two years ago, however, I discovered Mary B's Open Kettle Dumplings in a small grocery store in Camden, Tennessee. I haven't made dumplings from scratch since. Yes, Mary B's dumplings are just as good scratch-made dumplings.

I know for a fact that you can find Mary B's dumplings (and Mary B's frozen biscuits) at Wal-Mart and Food Lion. I'm sure other grocery stores in the Middle Tennessee area have them as well.


I made some chicken 'n' dumplings with a package of Mary B's ce soir (see above pic). I simply boiled a chicken for about an hour, shredded it, placed it in the reserved broth, and dumped in the frozen dumplings. I added some salt and pepper, a pinch of dried thyme, and a quarter-cup of white wine.

Wish you'd been here ...

No comments: