Wednesday, January 14, 2009

C'est de bonnes nouvelles!


Good news from New Orleans:

An explosion tore through the Abita Brewery near Abita Springs early Tuesday morning when a tank became over-pressurized.

The 1:30 blast blew through the roof of the brewery, shattered windows and left debris strewn through a nearby trailer park and was heard two miles to the south along Harrison Avenue, said Capt. Matt Huddleston, with St. Tammany Parish's 12th Fire Protection District.

No one was injured in the explosion, which did not cause a fire.


I've not blogged 'bout it before, but I love me some Abita beer ... especially the Turbodog and Red Ale varieties.

First time I ever had an Abita was in October 1999 in New Orleans. I was in a French Quarter bar near the River watching the Red Sox-Yankees playoff game. The only on-tap beers in said bar were Abita beers ... and I had three glasses of Turbodog that night. (I still have a glass from that bar to prove it.)

Now that the Abita Brewery is safe, I wanna see the Dixie Beer brewery back up and running.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you can still get dixie online

http://beergeek.stores.yahoo.net/dixiebeer12oz.html