Thursday, January 29, 2009

Celebrate good times ...!


I very rarely shop at Kroger. I did so this afternoon, however, because (a) I needed some cold medicine and (b) I pass a Kroger on my way home from work.

As is always the case when I enter a grocery store intending to buy just one thing, I thought of something else I needed tonight. As I was making my way toward where the tortillas were located, I passed the beer cooler.

One particular beer happened to catch my eye, Tap Room Brewing Company Pale Ale, mainly because each package said "Celebrating The Repeal of Prohibition 1933." "I'll celebrate that!" I said to myself. And the price was certainly right: $5.99 for a six-pack.

Tap Room Brewery's pale ale ain't the best pale ale I've ever had, but it's certainly not the worst. It had a wonderful color and had a very hoppy taste; however, it didn't finish very clean and left a bit of an aftertaste in my mouth. Let's just say that it wasn't anywhere near as good as any of the ales in the Boston Brewing Company's family of ales.

One interesting tidbit about the Tap Room Brewing Company is this: According to the Beer Advocate, Tap Room is a Kroger-brand beer brewed and bottled under contract by a brewery in New York. (You can read all about it here, but you'll have to set up a free BA account.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Samuel Adams Boston Ale is the only ale you will ever need.