Thursday, September 20, 2007

One fine-looking egg roll!


Oh, how I wish a feller could get a cheesesteak egg roll in Nashville!

"I left the city limits of Philadelphia (something I hardly ever do) today to hit the Chester County Restaurant Festival with some friends. The city closes the bulk of their walkable central business district for the event and people pile out into the streets for eats, entertainment and rows of craft vendors. It was wall-to-wall people, which made it hard to check out all the available food options before making a selection. We chose the items we ate based strictly on how long the line was and how easily we'd be able to get in said line.

"Despite the haphazard selection process, I think I wound up with a winner. A unique mashup of local Philly cuisine with classic American-Chinese food, I present you with the Cheesesteak Egg Roll (served with a side of Whiz). At first I disdained the side of Whiz, thinking that the inner cheese should be sufficient, but after the first taste, I was a convert (cheesesteaks are the only food item on which I eat Cheese Whiz without shame). Horrible for your arteries but wonderful to the taste buds, I think I'll be ready for another ... in about a year."

No comments: