Saturday, September 15, 2007

Heard about the $75 hamburger?


In Las Vegas, Nevada, the great American hamburger gets the gor-may treatment at two restaurants owned by celebrity chef Hubert Keller:

At Mandalay Bay's Burger Bar you can try the $25 surf and turf burger. It's a Black Angus burger that is topped with grilled lobster and green asparagus. (Asaparagus? What the hell happened to onion, tomato, and pickles?!)

At Fleur de Lys, which's also located in the Mandalay Bay complex, you can order the $75 Kobe beef FleurBurger Rossini [pictured above]. The Rossini is an impressive hunk of revered Kobe beef, topped with foie gras and black truffles. Yes, foie gras and truffles ... on a hamburger.

If I ever find myself in Las Vegas - or in any other American city, for that matter - with a hankering for a hamburger, I'll find me a pool room or a dive bar that serves food. Pool rooms and bars always have the best hamburgers. (And if I have $75 that is absolutely burning a hole in my pocket, I'll eat cheap and spend the rest on beer!)

No comments: