Sunday, March 21, 2010

Whew!

A few weeks back, a colleague told me that Caesar's Ristorante Italiano - one of my favorite restaurants in Nashville - had closed. I phoned the place in the middle of the day and got no answer. I assumed the worst.

Well, Caesar's hasn't closed; it's just changed hands. Kind of a bummer 'cause I always enjoyed chatting with Caesar when I visited.

I had hoped to do a review of Caesar's back around the first of the year, but I had a problem with my digital camera and it just never happened. I did eventually retrieve the pics I took at Caesar's during my most recent visit ... but now that it's under new management, I'm gonna have to go back (as if I needed an excuse to eat at Caesar's.

All I'll say at this point is this: if the pizza on the Caesar's lunch buffet is as good as it was, and if they still serve those wonderful meatballs, I anticipate giving them a favorable review. Here's a pic to tide you over until I can get back:



Caesar's Ristorante Italiano
71 White Bridge Road
Nashville, Tennessee 37205
615.352.3661

1 comment:

BP said...

I ordered a pizza from there on Thursday night and was surprised to see a business card attached with the name "Caesar's Bistro." The delivery driver was gone before I had a chance to ask about the name change.

The pizza, as far as I could tell, was just as good as it's always been. I hope it stays that way.