Monday, August 10, 2009

You gotta love Stubb's!


I've been a big fan of Stubb's-brand bbq sauce for a long, long time. Until tonight, I'd never tried any Stubb's Moppin' Sauce. Boy howdy, I'm glad I did.

If you know anything about slow-smokin' pork meat, you know that it's a good idea to slather said meat with a moppin' sauce during the cooking process.

Tonight, I put me a pork loin on my grill, over indirect heat, and I basted it every 20 minutes with some Stubb's moppin' sauce.

Stubb's moppin' sauce is not only heavy on vinegar and heavy on pepper (which I really like), it has just enough tomato "stuff" in it to make it cling to meat like a dryer sheet clings to the last sock in a load o' laundry. It gave my pork meat a Southern "zing" that I couldn't have put on it if'n I'd been trying my hand at developing a moppin' sauce for the last two years.

NOTE: What you see in the pic above is a portion of my patented mashed red potatoes with garlic. Stay tuned for the recipe.

No comments: